The Police Services Department is one of the operation Departments in the Ministry of Police Affairs. It is saddled with the responsibility of formulating Policy direction on general administration, operational exactitude and welfare matters for the Nigeria Police Force.
FUNCTIONS OF POLICE SERVICES DEPARTMENT
- Formulation and implementation of Policies on matters relating to programmes and projects of the Nigeria Police Force;
- Processing and preparation of memoranda on Policy issues concerning the Police Council;
- Processing and preparation of memoranda in respect of police programmes, projects and equipment for the consideration of Federal Executive Council (FEC), Police council , NEC, etc. ;
- Liaising with International Development Partners and donor agencies to coordinate assistance for the Nigeria police Force;
- Coordinating technical assistance and support for the Nigeria Police Force from donors and integrating technical assistance into the budgeting process of the Nigeria Police Force;
- Inventory and records of donations from National and International Organisations (e.g. NGOs, State and Local Governments , Private Sector, Organisations etc)
- Liaising with the Office of the Secretary to Government of the Federation on matters relating to the Police Council.;
- Covering and reporting on the activities of the West African Police Chiefs Committee (WAPCCO) and the INTERPOL
- Handling matters relating to the Insurance of Assets of the Nigeria Police Force.
- Guiding and supervising the activities of the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, as may be submitted by the Management of the Academy to the Ministry.
- Coordinating the National Public Policy on Safety and Security (NPPSS);
- Coordination of the implementation of programmes, Projects and equipment of the Nigeria Police Force.;
- Processing and evaluation of development projects including Public Private Partnership projects of the Nigeria Police Force.;
- Processing of proposal on Police Projects and equipment for consideration by the Ministerial Tenders Board and Federal executive council;
- Processing of requests for payments in respect of Police projects and equipment.;
- Processing of proposal on the annual budget of the Nigeria Police Force and,
- Handling other duties as may be assigned by the Permanent Secretary/ Hon. Minister.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
To formulate Policies with regard to the laws, regulations, and funding priorities towards the achievement of set objectives for the Nigeria Police Force.
FOCUS OF THE DEPARTMENT
To develop the appropriate courses of action which will enhance the operation of the NPF by providing the right equipment, ambience and for improved welfare services for its personnel.
DIVISIONS UNDER POLICE SERVICES DEPARTMENT
There are two divisions in the Department namely:
- Policy and Police Council.
- Police Equipment and Project.
Monday8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tuesday8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Wednesday8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Thursday8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Friday8:00 am - 4:00 pm