The Reform Co-ordination and Service Improvement Department is one of the newly established Departments by the Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation (OHCSF), responsible for SERVICOM and Bureau of Public Service Reforms (BPRS) Matters.
FUNCTIONS OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Department has responsibilities for issues, not limited to the following:-
- Identify processes, Systems and Service gaps in the Ministry and develop Interventions to eliminate such gaps;
- Manage and drive SERVICOM aims and Initiatives within the Ministry,
- Serve as a focal point for driving all Change, reform Innovation and improvement efforts within the Ministry in line with the overall frame work set by Bureau of Public Service Reforms (BPSR); Office of the Head of Civil Service of the Federation (OHCSF) and other central agencies of Government,
- Develop and launch initiative to drive and Mainstream a continuous Service Improvement Culture within the Ministry,
- Assist the Leadership of the Ministry to articulate and co-ordinate their change agenda in line with Service Policies and Standards.
The Programmes/Activities of the Department involve such task as: -
- Provision of SERVICOM Charters: - Periodic identification of the obligation of the Ministry to its customers and other Stakeholders towards the production/review of a SERVICOM Charter;
- Grievance Redress Mechanism: Creation of Customer Relations/Complaints and Redress Mechanisms with an adequate feedback from customers for an improved service provision and delivery;
- Advocacy, Awareness Creation and Enlightenment Campaign on SERVICOM and Reform Initiative.
- Liaison with OHCSF and BPSR: For the purpose of keeping abreast of Reform Programmes in the Public Service, a constant liaison with OHCSF and BPSR will be maintained to key into Reform related programmes as it relates to the Ministry.
- Monitoring and inspection of the activities of SERVICOM Focal Officers in the 36 Police Pay Offices and Zonal Commands.
- Presentation and submission of monthly and quarterly reports to the Management staff and SERVICOM Office in The Presidency.
- Capacity Building for SERVICOM Desk Key Officers and Ministerial SERVICOM Committee (MSC) members.